Breaking Balms Down to Their Individual Ingredients
Understanding more about any product starts with understanding more about its ingredients. How do you do that with a lotion or balm?
If you’re hoping to understand why a certain CBD balm could be beneficial to you, a good strategy is to break the balm down to its individual ingredients and consider what each ingredient does. Breaking any product down to its individual ingredients can sometimes help you understand why it may be beneficial in your life. Anyone who’s looking at any type of balm should make sure they’re familiar with this information.
What Can a Balm Help With?
There are many reasons you might want to use a balm. Most commonly, people use balms in the same way they would use lotions, but typically in smaller, more targeted areas. To use a balm, you typically rub a little from the container onto the affected area. It can most frequently help with areas that are cracked or irritated from lack of moisture.
Doing Research On Your Own
One thing you should definitely do is research important effects of each ingredient on your own. When you do your own research, you’ll be able to look into all sorts of important science-backed benefits of each ingredient in the balm. You’ll also be able to see if that ingredient has a contraindication against something that you use. This research is an important part of understanding any balm.
Understanding the Usage of Each Ingredient
Why is the balm itself using a certain ingredient? Does the packaging or description have any information about why the balm utilizes a specific ingredient? If not, why is the company using that ingredient? Whether it’s to add a natural scent, to soothe the skin, or even just as filler, you’ll want to see what reason the company has for adding each ingredient.
Charlotte’s Web’s Hemp-Infused Balm
With Charlotte’s Web’s hemp-infused CBD balm, there’s certainly plenty to love. This balm utilizes a few main ingredients to help soothe and moisturize your skin.
- This compound is perhaps most well-known for its ability to derive from mints, including peppermint. Aside from its strong, easily identified scent, menthol can also provide counterirritant qualities, helping you to relieve minor aches and pains on certain topical areas.
- Peppermint Oil
- Alongside menthol, peppermint oil has a very distinctive scent. This allows the balm to have a pleasing scent without any parabens or synthetic fragrances. Peppermint oil may also be able to reduce itchiness on your skin, making it useful for things like bug bites.
- Turmeric Oil
- Turmeric is most well-known for its use in the ancient Indian practice of Ayurveda. However, this useful oil has a variety of potential benefits. In a topical balm, it may be able to support clean and healthy-looking skin, reducing blemishes.
- Ginger Oil
- Ginger itself has a strong, somewhat “spicy” scent, which lends itself well to usage in this blend. One of the benefits that you might see from ginger oil is a lowered level of skin roughness, especially when combined with the other ingredients in the balm.
- Full-Spectrum CBD Hemp Extract
- CBD can be beneficial through topical applications just like it can be beneficial through internal applications. Charlotte’s Web’s high-quality full-spectrum CBD hemp extract can help soothe irritated skin, especially when combined with these other ingredients.
Is a CBD balm worth it? Overall, you should assess a CBD balm in the same way you would assess any other balm. Get more information about all the ingredients, learn more about your CBD needs, and gain more knowledge about Charlotte’s Web’s quality control factors. You may decide that Charlotte’s Web’s CBD balm is exactly the type of balm you need for better skin every day.